Tuesday, June 5, 2012

YouTube Cooks

    I am a junky for YouTube cooking, every morning, i return home from my delivery route, and watch videos. It may be something i plan on cooking that night and am getting a few more ideas, or techniques under my belt before i begin the adventure...and sometimes i look at things that interest me, or new foods i would like to try.  I subscribe to the ones i enjoy, and skip the ones i don't. I'm learning their names and begin looking forward to more videos and recipes from them.

   There are ones that are excellent, and some that are painful.  Sometimes I see the simple technique mistakes, sometimes I see people cooking things they've never cooked before and are unaware what the final product is supposed to be. Truthfully, at times it can be interesting to see how they recover or adapt (loading my cooking mental toolbox). Some home cooks with a frightening lack of cooking basics, and yet they are teaching others how to make their food, their way.  I do not believe i am one of those that knows more than the average cook.. but i have cooked many, many meals, in both restaurants, and at home for picky eaters, children and more recently, a vegetarian... i have learned from watching others, and lots and lots of practice.

  I hope that what begins here will help and interest others in learning more, from both professionals, and the normal home cook.. we all have something to give, our food, our passion for it, and a bit of ourselves.

Tell me who your favorite YouTube chefs are!

No comments:

Post a Comment